Random adventures through my life... in all their glory and splendor.

Thursday, November 1, 2007

Meeting Leeroy Jenkins

Yesterday I found out who Leeroy Jenkins is. Apparently he's an older (by internet standards) meme that I totally missed out on. But it meets my personal criteria for comedy-gold which is, when you watch the video that started it all, it just isn't that funny. You ask yourself, "What is the big deal here?" Your inner voice gives you about 30 reasons why it isn't amusing and what would have really made it funny. But then suddenly that same voice turns on you and you can't get it out of your head. I've been belting out, "LEEEROY JEEENKINS" all day with the full knowledge that nobody I blurted to would get it... and yet I couldn't stop.

Comedy Gold.

1 comment:

Nitro Krycerin said...

I just watched the vid. It's not remotely funny, and yet hilarious at the same time. LEEERROOOOOOYYYYY JAAAAAANKKKKINNNNNS. Dude. I love the pause after he goes in.