Random adventures through my life... in all their glory and splendor.

Saturday, January 21, 2006

That's Snow Moon... (Winter of DisBasement pt II)


Yes indeed I stepped outside and all I saw was snow waiting to be packed and whipped at something... or someBODY... or somebody's DOG! My neighbor 2 doors down was out snowblowing the sidewalk with his black lab. A very happy black lab. Now I know what you're thinking... "Not the dog! Resist! Fight the urge!" No, I didn't peg the dog. Too small a target for me anyway. No actually, I was thinking about how miserable the cats would be if they were in the snow and how nice it would be to have an animal that liked snow. Instead I took the snowball in my hand and threw it at the garage. No, I didn't miss. Shut up. So I proceded to use my energy constructively and dig my car out plus a little extra room for Chris's car. Cuz I'm so mature like that... well at least I was until Chris came home. Then I thought a Helm's Deep reenactment was appropriate. Of course I didn't tell her, but she figured it out pretty quick after the first volley of 'prisoners' hit her car. Oh, and for the record, she was outside the gate, which makes her an orc. *I* was a nobel elf, and the winner writes history.

Not a bad ending for a day where I was so out of it at work that I tried to wake my pc by jiggling a can of coke... yeah... uh, just missed the mouse. So as it turns out, caffeine is more effective when you drink it and not just slide it around your desk. Conversely, don't ingest your mouse, which is probably a more important lesson.

No comments: