Random adventures through my life... in all their glory and splendor.

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

In other news... There is pizza in Ethiopia

As stated before, at this point we can't post any pictures of our children. But if, say, you were to do you're own research on Ethiopia, and just happen to find an article with a picture of a smiling boy and a girl in a red shirt out there on the internet, then well, you know... that would be some pretty good research.

[After reading the article] Chris was a little disappointed that their first pizza won't be with us in the States, but it struck me funny. "You will be going to America soon so, quick! Figure out how to eat this with your hands!"

I guess I forgot pizza was cultural. I wonder what else is on the 'How to Survive in America' class schedule? What else do we totally take for granted? Slurpies? Duct Tape? Captain Picard? Peanut Butter? Road Rage? I know, I know, it's ridiculous... everyone's heard of Picard, but humor me.

One of my friends has already claimed dibs on their first Happy Meal. I hope that isn't lesson two or he's going to be ticked.

3 comments:

Katherine said...

they sure are cute! Just a question, when they're YOUR kids, can you put pictures of them up?

133Gardner said...

Oh yes, there will be pictures. Pictures, indeed.

Katherine said...

Great! I can't wait for you two! I'm so excited for you! Kai and Noe are excited too!