Random adventures through my life... in all their glory and splendor.

Saturday, April 12, 2008

This Old House, "Spring" Edition

The weather has been crap for crap here in Chicago this April. We had a couple nice days and then it's just been raining steadily since then. It snowed today. It didn't stick, but still...
Anyway, I know it's spring because the bugs that have been happily dormant in our basement for the last 4 months are now out on the prowl again and they're flippin huge. I had a great shot lined up of a 2 inch house centipede when Sibbie heard the camera and came to investigate (i.e. swat at the bug and then lose it under the couch.) Thanks girl, I'm sure next time we find it, it'll be 6 feet long and carnivorous.

I think I'll be sleeping with Janis tonight.

Ugh, so nasty but at least they don't crunch.

1 comment:

Katherine said...

I have trouble with those... Once, one scrambled OVER my foot... I screamed like a little girl. I don't usually scream. Everyone came running to see what sort of monster made Mommy scream... ugh... I have trouble even disposing of them. blech...