Random adventures through my life... in all their glory and splendor.

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Putting the Oh-Oh-One in m0n0nuc1eosis

Smiles everyone, Smiles! This is officially my 100th post! So I'll try to make it a reeeeally good one, like the 100th episode of Stargate or the 100th Strongbad email. You know... a real American classic.

Or, I could just post an oh-so flattering picture of myself with my head on a stump and be done with it...Ta-DAH!
Back in my day, we didn't have Photoshop. NoooOOOoo! We had dead trees, and a game called, "Saw off my head and throw it at a stump." We played it for hours AND WE LIKED IT!

Ok, Ok, meanwhile...
I mentioned earlier that I finally went to the doctor last week. Well, the lab results came back today and oh, lookie here, there's a big pile of Mono-fighting antibodies hanging out in my blood. The only reason those would still be there is if I had recently had Mono. Lovely. I feel mildly vindicated though. It's kind of like the old Wayne's World quote, "I thought I had Mono once, turns out I was just really bored," but in reverse. Granted, it's not as funny to say, "I thought I was bored for three months, turns out I had Mono," but it's more accurate to my situation.
Anyway, Chris listened to the voice mail, squinted at me and said, "Hmm, who'd you get Mono from?" playing the coyly-jealous spouse card. "You," I said, answering the question and trumping the conversation in one syllable. Her attitude kinda descended after that. Chris had a rough winter too, and not just because I was asleep or the living dead the majority of the time.

Oh, and apparently I'm low on vitamin B12. So my doctor who casually mentioned that I should probably be taking a daily multivitamin, was right. Care to guess the symptoms of a b12 deficiency? Clipped from wiki:

"Common early symptoms are tiredness or a decreased mental work capacity, decreased concentration and decreased memory, irritability and depression."

Really? No freekin' kidding. Here's a summary of my winter: Eye roll. Fidgit-Fidgit. Yawn. Glare. "What were you saying again?" Tap-tap-tap. Sigh. Glaze. Stretch. Head in hands. "What?"

Aaaand Scene!

6 comments:

Katherine said...

AHA!!! I bet I got it from you! You probably sneezed on me... Or you got it from me... Kids can be carriers too. Maybe one of my kids sneezed on you... It is passed by anything (like a sneeze or cough) that passes saliva. Anyway, glad you're feeling better now! I was pretty run down and tired when I got it too.

Nitro Krycerin said...

It certainly explains the lack of response the past couple of months... and the 3 hour naps on Saturdays and Sundays.

Katherine said...

Maybe Arnez got mono too... He sure has been taking loooong naps this Winter and Spring.

Nitro Krycerin said...

I went to bed at 8:15 last night, and could barely pull myself out of bed at 6 this a.m. Nooooooo.

Katherine said...

it's frequently preceded by tonsillitis or strep. Have a sore throat lately?

Anonymous said...

ummm... I know where you got it from but I'm not saying.








Jim

Damm!