Random adventures through my life... in all their glory and splendor.

Saturday, January 5, 2008

Cruise Day 7

December 29th - At Sea
(Written Dec. 30th)

Day seven was an 'At Sea' day, which is exactly what it sounds like. Now this was our second day without a port on this cruise. Our first one was Christmas Day and normally the cruise would have ported on Martinique Island, but since nothing was open, we didn't stop and instead puttered by the island. Today though, we had to haul keester and cut across The Gulf from Aruba back to the Dominican Republic. The key point is that A) we were moving fast, and B) we were nowhere near any land to buffer the wind. Compound that with the cold that I caught yesterday and you are in for a wild ride Mr. Toad. Btw, cold symptoms should be completely outlawed in the Caribbean. Being stuffy and tired is just cruel and unusual punishment at sea or otherwise.
So I spent the day, and I mean the WHOLE day, exploring the two non-advertisement channels on our cabin TV. Luckily, I'm not as up on my second round movies as I thought so it wasn't unbearable... unless, of course, I stood up, which was quickly remedied voluntarily or otherwise.
So those of you who told me about Wild Hogs, Happy feet, Blazing Saddles, Stardust, Bourne Ultimatum, A Christmas Story, Music & Lyrics, and CNN... you were absolutely right. Every one of those movies met my semi-conscious expectations, unless you're the dope that tried to tell me Wild Hogs was good. Don't worry, I knew better.

No comments: